The Mini-Xena Bird Discourager discourages birds from perching on numerous types of power line structures. The Mini-Xena Bird Discourager moves birds away from unsafe and sensitive areas, effectively lowering the risks of avian electrocution, insulator and streamer flashovers, structure corrosion and bird strikes.
- Transmission & Distribution operators reduce outages from line flashovers and electrocutions,
- Telecommunication operators reduce bird related maintenance on microwave installations,
- Airport operators reduce strike risk and improve lighting and navigation equipment reliability.
Designed specifically for raptors and larger birds, the Mini-Xena Bird Discourager
- Discourages both perching and nesting,
- Is bird safe and environmentally friendly,
- Installs quickly, and safely reducing downtime,
- Has excellent self-washing characteristics,
- Can protect runs of any length.
- Stackable for ease of storing and shipping.
- Extemely versatile for a multitude of structures in both transmission & distribution systems.
- Will mount on most surfaces from flat to round and from narrow to wide.
- Male & female ends for alignment when installing multiple parts.
The Mini-Xena Bird Discourager is shipped ready to mount on wooden, steel or fiberglass arms in minutes. This product is molded using proprietary high-density polyethylene that is contaminant and weatherresistant, and is fixed to the structure using stainless steel straps.